A deck-by-deck analysis of the Celebrity Century's best and worst cabins.
Looking for the best cabins on the Celebrity Century? Want to find the cabin with a little larger balcony than most? And what about staying away from undesirable cabins on the Celebrity Century? How do you avoid the worst cabins on the Celebrity Century?
Help us improve this guide! Have you stayed in a great cabin on the Celebrity Century that we missed? Let us know! Is there better advice that we can give -- we would love to hear from you. Use the form at the bottom of the page to let us know your thoughts. Your input will help other travelers.
Celebrity Century Best & Worst Staterooms: Summary
Best Cabins onboard the Celebrity Century: staterooms on Decks 9 and 10 - Vista Deck and Penthouse Deck.
Cabins to be wary of onboard the Celebrity Century: staterooms on Decks 4 and 8 - Continental and Panorama Decks.
Deck-by-Deck Breakdown of the Best and Worst Cabins onboard the Celebrity Century
Deck 4 – Continental Deck
Some staterooms on Deck 4 of the Celebrity Century have cabins above on Plaza Deck, which buffer noise generated from public areas. However, there are several cabins on Continental Deck which may have noise issues. The good news is that any noise from Plaza Deck will as a rule not be occurring into the wee hours because the bars and casino are not on Deck 5.
- Best staterooms on the Century Deck 4 are 4001- 4037 port side, 4000- 4034 starboard, and interior cabins 4031, 4029, 4027, 4024, 4026, and 4028. All of these will are located underneath cabins on Plaza Deck, and they will be quieter.
- If you are looking for an inside cabin, with the exception of the ones just mentioned, all others are underneath public venues. You will probably be happiest with an inside cabin on one of the higher decks.
- On the Century Deck 4, inside stateroom 4071 is very close to the midship stairs, and that can mean additional noise factors.
- Aft, interior cabin 4131 is by the stairs and could have noise concerns.
- Aft on Deck 4 of the Century, staterooms 4125- 4155 port side, 4120- 4142 starboard, and interior cabins 4131- 4163 are underneath the main dining room, so there could be noise during dining hours and during the clean-up after each meal. For dinner, the last diners usually exit by 10:30 and there is likely to some noise from the clean-up (vacuum cleaners) as late as 11:30. Given that most people don't get back to their cabins to after 11 PM, this shouldn't be a substantial issue. Breakfast typically starts in the main dining room at 7:30AM, so you might hear some noise above starting then. However, few people go to the main dining room for breakfast, so this should not be a major issue. These cabins under the main dining room are also where you might feel a bit of propeller vibration as well.
- Starboard exterior cabins 4122- 4142 are across from The Fun Factory on the Century, which is an activity center for children ages three to eleven. These staterooms might be a great place for a parent traveling with a son or daughter, but are likely not the best choice for everyone.
- Some of the worst cabins onboard the Celebrity Century are on the Continental Deck. While we are not suggesting the cabins on this deck should be completely avoided, there are staterooms on other decks which will be quieter. If you are light sleeper, you may prefer to find a cabin elsewhere on the ship, bring earplugs, or consider investing in a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone – produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds).
Deck 5 – Plaza Deck
Along this entire deck, you should be aware that the Promenade Deck of the Celebrity Century is right above your cabin. That said, it should also be noted that most of the venues, such as the stage, the card rooms, the cinema and conference center, and the library are not open into the wee hours so it is possible to find a little peace and quiet.
- Forward, exterior staterooms 5001- 5037 port side and 5000- 5032 starboard, and interior cabins 5007- 5033 and 5006- 5026 are not directly under the stage area on the Celebrity Century Deck 5, but there could still be noise during performances, and when staff prepare for and clean up after shows.
- Inside cabin 5048 is almost twice the size of other interior staterooms and is wheelchair accessible.
- Exterior cabins 5055- 5067 port side and 5050- 5068 starboard are larger than average and wheelchair accessible on the Century Deck 5.
- Exterior staterooms 5041- 5067 port side and 5036- 5068 starboard, and interior cabins 5051- 5071 are under the card rooms, the cinema and conference area, the library, and the internet stations. These are not, as a rule, public venues which generate a great deal of noise and none are open during the wee hours. We do not think noise will be much of an issue in these staterooms, but it is always best to be informed before you reserve a cabin on Plaza Deck of the Century.
Deck 8 – Panorama Deck
The public venues on Entertainment Deck are under the entire length of the Panorama Deck on the Celebrity Century. That said, noise could be an issue for many of the cabins on Deck 8.
- Forward, exterior staterooms 8001- 8041 port side and 8000- 8038 starboard, as well as interior cabins 8015- 8047 and 8012- 8044 are above the top tier of the theater. Noise could be an issue during performances, and before and after shows when staff are cleaning. This should not be a concern late at night or early in the morning, however. For that reason, forward cabins may be among the quieter staterooms to reserve on the Century Deck 8.
- On Deck 8, exterior cabins 8063- 8089 port side and 8060- 8088 starboard, and interior staterooms 8062- 8090 and 8067- 8091 are over club and lounge areas on the Celebrity Century. These are open late at night, and while they will not be as noisy as disco and dance bars, there could be after hours noise issues. Interior cabins will likely be most affected because these are more directly above these venues.
- Exterior staterooms 8141- 8183 port side and 8136- 8176 starboard, as well as interior cabins 8145- 8185 and 8140- 8172 are above the casino. Once again, there could be after hours noise concerns, especially for interior cabins on the Century.
- From the aft elevators to the rear of the Century, all exterior and interior staterooms on Deck 8 are above the night club. As mentioned, if you are light sleeper, you may prefer to find a cabin elsewhere on the ship, bring earplugs or consider investing in a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone – produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds).
- Aft, the nine Family Veranda Staterooms (8231- 8222) are going to have the best ocean view, and these staterooms are a bit roomier than standard. Family cabins are in in short-supply and are very popular given their attractive sleeping arrangements. They sell out very quickly, so, it is best to book early to get a Family cabin.
- Some of the worst cabins onboard the Celebrity Century are on the Panorama Deck. While we are not suggesting the cabins on this deck should be completely avoided, there are staterooms on other decks of the Century which will be quieter.
Deck 9 – Vista Deck
On the Celebrity Century, Vista Deck is going to be quieter because the cabins above and beneath provide a buffer from noises which can generate from public venues. With the exception of the cabins most forward on this deck (9001- 9035 and 9006- 9034), all exterior staterooms have verandas.
- Deck 9 on the Century is one of the better decks for an inside cabin. However, we do not recommend 9075, 9145, 9219, and 9206 because these are all close to the stairwells and may have some noise concerns.
- The Vista Deck of the Celebrity Century has several Concierge Class Staterooms 9039- 9243 port side and 9038- 9230). These staterooms do include some amenities, including priority check-in, expended room service menus, evening hors d'ouvres every day, and seating preferences for the main dining room and specialty restaurant.
- Aft on Deck 9 of the Century, nine Family Veranda Staterooms (9245- 9232) will have that highly sought after (and least breezy) ocean view! As mentioned, family cabins are in in short-supply and are very popular given their attractive sleeping arrangements. They sell out very quickly, so it is best to book early to get a Family cabin.
Deck 10 – Penthouse Deck
The Penthouse Deck is arguably the “high-rent district” of the ship. The best cabins onboard the Celebrity Century are generally onboard the Penthouse Deck. This is where all the suites and penthouse category cabins are located. Given that this is where the high-dollar cabins are, this is also where the Celebrity Century's best cabin stewards are usually assigned.
- It is also important to remember that Lido Deck is right above, so there could be noise issues for suites and staterooms on Deck 10 of the Celebrity Century.
- Exterior staterooms and suites 1029- 1061 port side, 1028- 1060 starboard, and all of the interior cabins in that section (1031- 1059) are under the Lido pool area. This could mean some after hours noise, such as the scraping of deck chairs as staff clean. Most affected cabins could be the inside staterooms in this area.
- Best inside cabins on the Penthouse Deck of the Celebrity are forward staterooms 1029- 1061 and 1028- 1060. Because these are under the spa area, they will be quieter than interior cabins elsewhere on this deck.
- Aft, there are staterooms and suites under the bar area, and there could be after hours noise concerns. These accommodations are 1135 and 1137 port side, 1130 and 1132 starboard, six interior suites (1143- 1138), and the nine Century Suites (1139- 1134).
- The Penthouse Deck of the Celebrity Century features several Concierge Class Staterooms with Verandas. There are two ultimately luxurious Penthouse Suites (1049 and 1048), eight Royal Suites (1029- 1045 and 1028- 1046), 22 Sky Suites, and nine Century Suites from which to choose.
- Aft, the Century Suites (1139- 1134) have incredible (and less breezy) ocean views!
Deck 12 – Sports Deck
The Sports Deck staterooms and suites on the Celebrity Century are also luxurious, although not as spacious as the Penthouse or Royal Suites. However, cabins here might have some noise issues from the aft bar directly below.
- Sky Suite 1201 is larger than average and is wheelchair accessible.
- Least recommended interior cabin on the Century Deck 12 is 1227 because it is by the aft elevators and likely a bit noisier.
- Sky Suites 1203 and 1202 are smaller than average, and 1202 has a very small veranda. We suggest reserving a Sky Suite more aft of these (1205-1247 port side and 1204- 1240 starboard) if this is your suite preference on the Century.
- Aft, Ocean View Stateroom 1249 is over-sized.
- There are five Sunset Veranda Staterooms directly aft on Deck 12, and all of them will have great views of the ocean. However, if veranda space is important to you, please note that 1251 and 1244 have 55 sq. ft. verandas, and 1253 and 1246 boast 80 sq. ft. verandas. Sunset Veranda Stateroom 1242 also features a veranda larger than standard on the Resort deck of the Celebrity Century.